The 6 Day Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Adventure takes you on an enchanting exploration into East Africa’s mountain jungles. You’ll be hiking the steep slops, through misty shrubs and ancient huge forest trees, crossing water streams, and following expert trackers to find a habituated family of mountain gorillas. Then, you’ll spend an exhilarating hour with the mountain giants at about 32 ft safe distance. The whole experience could change the way you feel about nature forever; at least, that’s what travelers have been saying.
To test your love for the natural jungle, you’ll also be challenged to cross the misty Bwindi Impenetrable forest jungle following a trail from Nkuringo (south of the park) to Buhoma (North of the park), a 5-8 hour hike with unparalleled experience of Africa’s oldest rainforest. You may meet various primate species, birds, forest animals like elephants, and celebrated animal and plant species on the trail. What better way to enjoy the remotest parts of Uganda than on this Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Adventure safari.
Since this is a private tour, explore our world in your own style. Set your dates, and we’ll book your accommodation and permits based on availability. Note that you can reschedule your trip up to 12 months ahead without extra charge.
- Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe and transfer to the Guest House – Exc. to Mabamba Swamps (Optional Extra) — Staying at Papyrus Guest House.
- Day 2: AeroLink Flight Entebbe/Kisoro – hike & canoe on Lake Mutanda – Nkuringo — Staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge — B, L, D
- Day 3: Gorilla Jungle Tracking – Nkuringo or Rushaga gorilla groups — Staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge — B, L, D
- Day 4: Nombe Forest (birding), Community tour, and Buninga Forest (encounter with the Batwa) — Staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge —
B, L, D
- Day 5: Jungle Hike across Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to Buhoma — Staying at the elegant Mahogany Springs Lodge — B, L, D.
- Day 6: Transfer to Kihihi – AeroLink Flight Kihihi/Entebbe — B, L