Experience Uganda’s incredible wildlife on this 11-day Great Apes Experience in Uganda, starting with a safari at Uganda’s smallest wildlife reserve, Lake Mburo National Park, where you’ll take a walking safari adventure and meet zebra antelope, buffalo, and giraffe.
From here, begin your journey southwest, staying for a couple of days in the gorilla highlands. You’ll meet with the native Batwa people, dance, and experience their authentic cultures, and also venture into the misty jungles to spend time with the mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Additionally, you’ll be challenged to cross the impenetrable jungle using one of the oldest trails in the primeval jungle.
Continue north into the vast savannah plains of Queen Elizabeth to spot the incredible Ishasha tree-climbing lions, elephants, hippos in the Kazinga channel. Finish your Great Apes Experience in Uganda by driving into the primate capital of Africa and walking with our great cuisine chimpanzee troops and twelve other primate species in their natural habitat.
The camps on this Africa adventure safari are meticulously selected to give you excellent comfort and safety during your holiday. You’ll have a private driver-guide and a 24/7 on-call trip manager to ensure everything on the journey is to your expectations. Let yourself free and immerse yourself in local cultures and the untouched African wild.
Since this is a PRIVATE Uganda safari, travelers will choose their most comfortable travel dates and select accommodation based on availability. Considering the uncertain times we live in, you can reschedule this tour anytime for up to 12 months at no cost.
- Day 1: Arrival (Entebbe activities) – Papyrus Guest House/Boutique Hotel No.5
- Day 2: Lake Mburo NP (Game drive & boat ride) – Rwakobo Rock Lodge/Mihingo Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 3: Lake Mburo – Bwindi Impenetrable NP (Nkuringo) – Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 4: Gorilla Tracking (Nkuringo or Rushaga gorilla groups) – Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 5: Canoe on Lake Mutanda – Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 6: Hike across Bwindi – Drive to QENP – Kasenyi Safari Camp (B, L, D)
- Day 7: Queen Elizabeth NP (game drives and boat safari) – Kasenyi Safari Camp (B, L, D)
- Day 8: Queen Elizabeth – Kibale Forest – Primate Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 9: Chimp tracking & Bigodi nature walk – Primate Lodge (B, L, D)
- Day 10: Kibale – Entebbe – Papyrus Guest House (B, L, D)
- Day 11: Flight back home (B)